After numerous times of trying to kick the smoking habit, you’ve decided to switch to a healthier and trendier alternative – vaping. But where to begin? There are so many products on the market that claim to be the best - making it near impossible to know what’s worth your time and what’s not. Before purchasing an e-cigarette and other vaping products, there are various things you need to take into account to ensure that you are getting the best value for money.
Here’s what you need to know to ensure your vape setup runs as smoothly as possible:
First things first; what is vaping?
Before you even consider investing in an e-cigarette, let’s look at what exactly vaping entails. Put simply, vaping is the term used to describe the action of inhaling vapours though an electronic cigarette where you inhale the vapours released by the heating of a flavoured e-liquid. There are five different elements that are essential for your e-cigarette starter kit:
- E-liquid – This is the flavoured liquid heated by the coil to create the vapour you inhale. The e-liquid is available in different strengths and hundreds of different flavours.
- Mod – The power device that hosts the battery and provides power to the atomiser.
- Atomiser – This device connects to the mod and houses the e-liquid and heating coil. Atomisers can be classified into two categories: Tanks and Drippers.
- Tank – An atomiser that has a certain capacity for housing e-liquid.
- Dripper – An atomiser that has no tank and stores the e-liquid within the wick.
- Wick – Material used to feed the liquid to the coil. The main material used is pure organic cotton.
- Coil – The heating element housed in the atomiser which heats up the liquid to produce a vapour form of the flavoured liquid.
- Drip tip – Plastic or metal mouthpiece at the end to the atomiser from which the vapour is inhaled.
The quality of your vaping device and products is paramount to a satisfactory vape setup.
Under no circumstances should you start vaping with a cheap e-cigarette. There are many downsides to using a subpar device that will send you reaching straight for your box of ciggies. A low quality e-cigarette has many downsides like leaking, dry hits (when there is no juice going through to the coils), bad battery life, an oily taste, spit back (liquid in your mouth) and a lack of flavour. Here are some great high-quality e-cigarette starter kits to help you with your vape setup; Kanger subbox, Kanger subbox Nano and the Kanger EMOW. Along with a decent device, you need good quality e-liquid. Buying e-liquid from markets or an unknown provider is a risky endeavour, as you have no idea what ingredients they contain. Low quality e-liquids pose a health risk and can cause side effects such as headaches and nausea.
Choose the strength and flavour of your e-liquid to suit your personal taste.
E-liquid is available in different strengths: 3mg, 6mg and 12mg – and based on personal taste, you can decide how much nicotine you want to inhale. Most people who switch from cigarette smoking to vaping tend to start with 12mg as it seems to contain just the right amount of nicotine to make the transition as smooth as possible. However, it’s not recommended to go over 12mg on a quality, high-powered device. A quality device produces more vapour, and the more vapour, the higher the level of nicotine - which can be too strong to inhale comfortably. To ease into vaping, many former cigarette smokers start with a tobacco flavoured e-liquid to make the transition easier. But this usually becomes less enjoyable over time and then it’s time to go exploring. There are hundreds of e-liquid variants on the market to suit every vaper’s palette; from coffee, fruit and even creamy dessert flavours.
Vaper’s Corner is standing by to help ensure that your vape setup is as satisfactory as possible. Visit our webstore to view our wide range of high-quality e-cigarettes, liquids and vaping products. All the e-juices we stock are professionally made according to international health standards. Vaper’s corner – your partner in quality vaping.